At Evolved Sound, we continuously undertake research related to the on hold industry. This helps us and your business understand the key benefits of playing professional messages on hold.
Customised messages on-hold advertising is one of the most cost effective and targeted marketing tools available today. Every customer contact is highly pre-qualified, because the customer initiated the contact.
Just remember that telephone on hold messages…
- are advertising that must have a sensational impact!
- are sales opportunities that must be not be ignored.
- are no less important than your other advertising areas.
- place your company’s image on the line!
- are one of your first steps to create an outstanding impression.
- are fully tax deductible as they considered a direct marketing expense.
The On Hold Facts
Consumer research reports an estimated…
- 70% of business callers are put on hold.
- 60% of business callers that are placed on hold HANG-UP.
- 30% of these callers DON’T CALL BACK!
- 88% of your business callers prefer professionally produced and personalised on hold messages and will actually listen to what your message has to say.
- 16% of business callers made purchases based on the on hold messages they were listening to.
- 94% of the average marketing / advertising budget is spent getting people to call a business, however only 6% of that budget is spent on on-hold marketing. They call you because of your campaign, then end up hanging up if left to silence.
A national study published by leading telecommunications associations concludes that…
- Callers with SILENCE-ON-HOLD will abandon their calls in less than 60 seconds, and 90% hang-up within 40 seconds.
- Callers with MUSIC-ON-HOLD will stay on the line 30 seconds longer than silence.
- Callers with INFORMATION-ON-HOLD will stay on the line for up to 3 minutes longer.
More telephone on hold facts…
- OfficeTeam Survey – “The average executive spends 17 minutes per day on-hold”.
- CNN Survey – “Without music or messages, 60% of those on-hold will hang up and 30% won’t call back”.
- Cellular Marketing Magazine – “Over 85% of callers prefer on-hold messages over silence”.
* Statistical data are from consumer research reports, telecommunications association studies and industry publications. Quoted figures are subject to change from time of publishing by Evolved Sound.