At Evolved Sound, we continuously undertake research related to the on hold industry. This helps us to always be one step ahead of clients.
Customised messages on-hold advertising is one of the most cost effective and targeted marketing tools available today. Every customer contact is highly pre-qualified, because the customer initiated the contact.
Just remember that telephone on hold messages…
- are advertising that must have a sensational impact!
- are sales opportunities that must not be ignored.
- are no less important than your other advertising and marketing areas.
- place your company’s image on the line!
- are one of your first steps to create an outstanding impression.
- are fully tax deductible as it is considered a direct marketing expense.
The On Hold Facts
Consumer research reports an estimated…
- 70% of business callers are put on hold.
- 60% of business callers that are placed on hold HANG-UP.
- 30% of these callers DON’T CALL BACK!
- 88% of your business callers prefer professionally produced and personalised on hold messages and will actually listen to what your message has to say.
- 16% of business callers made purchases based on the on hold messages they were listening to.
- 94% of the average marketing / advertising budget is spent getting people to call a business, however only 6% of that budget is spent on on-hold marketing. They call you because of your campaign, then end up hanging up if left to silence.
A national study published by leading telecommunications associations concludes that…
- Callers with SILENCE-ON-HOLD will abandon their calls in less than 60 seconds, and 90% hang-up within 40 seconds.
- Callers with MUSIC-ON-HOLD will stay on the line 30 seconds longer than silence.
- Callers with INFORMATION-ON-HOLD will stay on the line for up to 3 minutes longer.
More telephone on hold facts…
- OfficeTeam Survey – “The average executive spends 17 minutes per day on-hold”.
- CNN Survey – “Without music or messages, 60% of those on-hold will hang up and 30% won’t call back”.
- Cellular Marketing Magazine – “Over 85% of callers prefer on-hold messages over silence”.
* Statistical data are from consumer research reports, telecommunications association studies and industry publications. Quoted figures are subject to change from time of publishing by Evolved Sound.